The Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai has offered the former Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, an appointment into the board of Kaduna Investment Promotion Agency, KADIPA.
Muhammadu Sanusi is to serves as the Vice-Chairman of the Kaduna State Investment Promotion Agency (KADIPA).
His appointment comes barely 24 hours after he was dethroned as Emir of Kano by the Governor Abdullahi Ganduje.
Mr. Muyiwa Adekeye, Special Adviser on Media and Communication to Governor Nasir El-Rufai said: “the appointment is part of the reconstitution of the board of KADIPA, which is statutorily chaired by the Deputy Governor, and has as internal members other senior officials of the Kaduna State Government.”
The statement added that “Kaduna State hopes to benefit from the profile, experience, intellect and networks of His Highness, Muhammad Sanusi, who before becoming Emir, had built a solid reputation in global financial circles.
“Malam Nasir El-Rufai said that Kaduna State is honoured to be able to call on the services of a man of such calibre to drive its development.’’
“The new board of KADIPA has the following members:
1. Her Excellency, Dr. Hadiza Balarabe Chairman
2. His Highness, Muhammadu Sanusi II Vice-Chairman
3. Balarabe Abbas Lawal, Secretary to the State Government
4. Bariatu Y. Mohammed, Head of Service
5. Jimi Lawal, Senior Adviser-Counsellor
6. Aisha Dikko, Attorney-General of Kaduna State
7. Idris Nyam, Commissioner, Business, Innovation & Technology
8. Fausat Ibikunle, Commissioner, Housing & Urban Development
9. Thomas Gyang, Commissioner, Planning & Budget Commission
10. Farida Dankaka, KACCIMA
11. Amal Hassan, Private Sector
12. Hafiz Bayero, MD, Kaduna Markets Development Company
13. Altine Jibrin, Director-General, KADGIS
14. Umma Aboki, Executive Secretary, KADIPA
“Malam Nasir El-Rufai has expressed his gratitude to members of the reconstituted board of KADIPA for agreeing to serve.