Nyesom Wike, Governor of Rivers State has assigned portfolios to the newly sworn in commissioners.
This was confirmed by the Commissioner of Information, Paulinus Nsirim after the swearing in on Wednesday.
The new Commissioners and their portfolios are:
1.Barr Eloka Taise-Amadi (Chieftaincy Affairs)
2.Hon Boma Iyaye (Sports)
3.Hon Diamete Herbert-Miller (Ministry of Power)
4. Tonye Oniyinde (Culture and Tourism)
5 Dr Tamunosisi Gogo-Jaja (Water Resources)
6. Dr Igbiks Tamuno (Ministry of Environment)
7. Hon Emeka Onowu (Special Duties, Governor’s Office)
8. Professor Chike Princewill (Ministry of Health)
9. Mr Ohia Prince (Ministry of Youth Development)
It was also briefed that the Rivers State Executive Council has also approved the constitution of a committee for the hosting of the International Sport Press Association (AIPS) World Executive Committee Meeting and the AIPs Africa meeting billed for Port Harcourt in October, 2020.
Members of the Committee are:
1. National President, Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN) , Honour Sirawoo (Chairman)
2. Commissioner for Information , Paulinus Nsirim
3. Christopher Green, Special Adviser, Real Madrid Academy
4. Special Adviser, School Sports
5. I. Bob Manuel ,Chairman, Sports Writers Association of Nigeria, Rivers State
6. Commissioner for Youth Development, Mr Ohia Prince
7. Commissioner for Special Duties, Governor’s Office , Emeka Onowu
8. Commissioner for Culture, Tonye Oniyinde
9. Ngowari Kalio
10. Geru Omereji
11. Senior Special Assistant to the Rivers State Governor on Protocol, Ambassador Harold Koko
12. O. Adele
13. Dr Jacob Beredugo , Executive Assistant to the Rivers State Governor on Research And Documentation (Secretary)
Meanwhile, the committee for the above will be inaugurated on Friday, 6th March, 2020 by the Governor Wike
Time for the event is 11am at the Government House Port Harcourt.