Iranian state television has quoted a senior Revolutionary Guards Corps as claiming that at least 80 “American terrorists” were killed in missile attacks on US bases on Wednesday.
Iran launched 15 missiles on US targets in Iraq in retaliation to the death of Qassem Soleimani, who was buried on Wednesday.
The television added that no missiles were intercepted by US troops, according to Al Jazeera.
However, it was not clear if the claim was truly verified as the state television did not give any evidence from where they obtained the information.
Also Read: Iran retaliate to US attack on the Leader
Citing a senior Revolutionary Guards Corps source, the state television also said “Iran had 100 other targets in your neighborhood in its sights if Washington took any retaliatory measures.”
It also said “US helicopters and military equipment were severely damaged.” US had since reacted to the attack after Iran announced that it carried out “a successful operation called Operation Martyr Soleimani, with the code Oh Zahra.
Immediately after the attack, the US President, Donald Trump twitted from Washington, “All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now.
“So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.
Facts gathered after the attack
No casualties have been officially confirmed so far.
The Iraqi military also confirmed that there were no casualties among its forces.
Meanwhile, Germany, Poland, Norway and Denmark additionally said that none of its armies positioned in Iraq were injured or murdered, as per reports.
According to Iranian state television at least 80 “American terrorists” were killed in attacks involving 15 missiles, adding that none of the missiles were intercepted.