These are simple ways on how to protect yourself from Coronavirus codenamed COVID-19.
According to World Health Organization on how to Protect yourself from this deadly virus. The federal Ministry of Health has released the following tips on how to protect yourself from this deadly virus
1. Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
2. Maintain at least 1 & half metres (5 feet) distance between you and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
People coughing persistently or sneezing should stay indoors or keep a social distance, but not mix with a crowd.
4. Ensure that you and people around you follow good respiratory hygiene by covering mouths and noses with a handkerchief or tissue while sneezing or coughing.
5. Stay indoors if you feel unwell with symptoms, such as fever, cough and difficulty in breathing. Please call Lagos State Emergency hotlines 08023169485 or 08033565529 or 08052817243 which are available day and night.
6. Stay informed on the latest developments about COVID-19 through official channels on TV and Radio.
7. Face masks offer some protection as they block liquid droplets. However, they do not block smaller aerosol particles that can pass through the material of the mask. The masks also leave the eyes exposed and there is evidence that some viruses can infect a person through the eyes.
8. Seek early medical help if you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, and share your travel history with healthcare providers.
Meanwhile, Nine people have been confirmed dead and 453 cases have been confirmed throughout China since the coronavirus disease was first diagnosed in Wuhan, the Chinese city with 11 million inhabitant.
This virus case has been confirmed in Lagos State, the business centre of Nigeria.