President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday approved the constitution of new NDDC Board of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC.
The President, through the letter signed by the Permanent Secretary, General Services Office from the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation in proxy by Olusegun Adekunle.
The secretary said the appointment of the new NDDC Board was subject to the confirmation from the Nigerian senate.
The former deputy governor of Edo state, Dr. Pius Odubu was appointed as the Chairman of the new NDDC Board by the President.
Full List of NDDC Board
1. Dr. Pius Odubu appointed as the Chairman – Edo State
2. Otobong Ndem – Akwa Ibom, Executive Director, Projects.
3. Bernard Okumagba – Delta State will serve as Managing Director.
4. Victor Ekhatar – Edo State
5. Maxwell Okoh – Bayelsa State
6. Jones Erue – Delta State
7. Joy Nunieh – Rivers State
8. Nwogu Nwogu- Abia State
9. Theodore Allison – Bayelsa State
10. Victor Antai – Akwa Ibom State
11. Maurice Effiwatt – Cross River State
12. Olugbenga Elema – Ondo State
13. Uchegbu Kyrian – Imo State
The President also appointed one person from each zone to be represented in the board.
14. Aisha Muhammed from Kano State representing North-West
15. Adamawa State, to represent the North-East
16. Badmus Mutalib from Lagos State to represent the South-West
Mr. Buhari’s list of the new constituted Board for the NDDC is subject to Senate confirmation, approved the composition of the Board of the Niger Delta Development Commission. The statement reads.
Also ordered that the interim management of the Board headed by Prof. Nelson Brambaif should hand over to the most senior director in the Commission.
“The chairman and members of the newly composed Governing Board are, by this release, invited to the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation on Monday, September 2, 2019, for proper documentation and briefing.
“They are to come along with their updated CVs and valid identification.”
Daily Tells understands that the chairman of the new board in NDDC is a former gover of Edo state under Comrade Adams Oshiomole the present APC national chairman.
NDDC Managing Director and the Chairman
Also, the Managing director of the commission from Delta State is the former Commissioner for Finance to Delta state government and APC chieftain, Olorogun Bernard Okumagba.
However, the 16-man that will form the NDDC Board are drawn from all the nine states of the Niger Delta and their confirmation is subjected to the decision of the @Nigerian senate.
Notably, the commission has some senior politicians in the zone to supervise its affair, among the appointees of the president already approved by the senate are: Godswill Akpabio as the Minister while Festus Keyamo to serve as the junior minister in the same commission.
Amongst others to report to the president is senator Ita Solomon Enang to act as the Special Senior Assistant to the President of Niger Delta Affairs.