Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, AKHA as at 1992, leaders and its representatives.
The First Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, AKHA, was constituted on 20th January, 1992.
There were 48 Honourable Members in the first house of Assembly.
Two Parties were in the First assembly, NRC as the Majority and SDP as the minority.
National Republican Convention (NRC) had 33 members while Social Democratic Party (SDP) had 15 members.
The first assembly passed nine bills under three different speakers of the house.
The three Speakers that piloted the affairs of the first Assembly were:
Hon Jimmy J. Ntuen (NRC) – 20th January, 1992 to 24th November, 1992 (10 months)
Hon Barr Nse Ben Ekanem (NRC) – 24th November, 1992 to 21st September, 1993 (10 Months)
Hon Barr Henry R. Affang (NRC) – 22nd September, 1993 to 17th November, 1993 (1 year and 2 months)
Names of the members of the First Assembly (1992-1993)
1. Hon. Jimmy J. Ntuen (NRC) Afaha/Ekpeyong/Odoro Ikot/Okon – First Speaker
2. Hon. Barr Nse Ben Ekanem (NRC) Itu/Uruk/Ikono – Second Speaker
3. Hon. Barr Henry R. Affang (NRC) Nto Edino/Obot Akara/Ikot Abia- Third Speaker
4. Hon. Barr Chief Grace Edim Inyang (NRC) Itu Urban/Itam First Deputy Speaker
5. Hon. Barr Effiong Dickson Bob (NRC) Nsit Ubium 1 Second Deputy Speaker 22/11/92 to 17/11/93
6. Hon. Engr Mfon Abia (NRC) Abak
7. Hon. George Okon Akan SDP Afaha
8. Hon. Udo Henry Akpabio (NRC) Mbiaso
9. Hon. Aniekan U. Akpan (NRC) Ikono 1
10. Hon. Etubom Etetim J. Akpan (NRC) Uruan South
11. Hon. (Elder) Okon S. Akpan (SDP) Etinan Urban
12. Hon. Dr Emmanuel Akpanobong (NRC) Ikono 11 Deputy Majority Whip, 20/1/92 to 22/9/92. Also Majority Whip 23/9/92 to 17/11/93
13. Hon. Dr Bassey O. Bassey (NRC) Effiat/Mbo – Deputy Chief Whip
14. Hon. Inyang Okwong Bassey (NRC) Oruko 1 – Third Chief Whip
15. Hon. Nelson A. Effiong (NRC) Oron 1 – Majority Whip, 20/1/92 to 24/11/92
16. Hon. Ini Brown Ekanem (SDP) Ukpum Minya/Ikpa Ibom
17. Hon. Prince Smart K. Ekanem (NRC Ukowak/Ikono North – Deputy Majority Leader21/9/92 to 24/11/92
18. Hon. Barr Uwem Ekanem (NRC) Ikot Abasi – First Majority Leader, 20/1/92 to 24/11/92
19. Hon. Eniefiok D. Ekpo (NRC) Nsit Ubium 11
20. Hon. Barr Ita Solomon Enang (NRC)
21. Hon. Barr Victor E. Eneyo (NRC) Ebughu/Udesi
22. Hon .Engr Ezekiel Essien (SDP) Ikot Ekpene/ Amanyam
23. Hon. OtoAbasi J. Essien (NRC) Onna
24. Hon Atauyo Ekwere (NRC) Nsit Atai
25. Hon. Samuel Edet Etim (SDP) Etoi/Offot/Ikono/Oku – Majority Whip, 24/11/92 to 21/9/93
26. Hon. Elder NseAbasi Ikpong Ette (SDP) Uquo/Ibeno
27. Hon.. Chrysanctus Ette (SDP) Okobo
28. Hon. Enobong Frank Eyo (NRC) Uquo
29. Hon. Ibia Edet Ibia (NRC) Urue Offong
30. Hon. Ntaubok Idemeto (SDP) Ikot Okoro
31. Hon. Prince Emmanuel Nyong Inwang
32. Hon. Louis Johnson Iyiet (NRC) Eastern Obolo Ikot Ibritam/ Abak/ Midim
33. Hon. (Okan-Nsan) James Dan James (NRC) Eastern Obolo
34. Hon. Dr John A. Markson SDP Ini
35. Hon. Ime Effiong Mbom (SDP) North Central Uruan First Minority Whip, 22/1/92 to 24/11/92
36. Hon. Bishop Dr Domine Daniel Obot (NRC) Asutan Ekpe
37. Hon. Prince Emmanuel Obot (NRC) Asutan Ekpe
38. Hon. Jeremiah D. Nsima (SDP) Eket Urban Second Minority Leader
39. Hon. Fiokedu Sam Okorie (NRC) Obong/Ika
40. Hon. Nse Ndarake Sampson (NRC) Ibiaku/Ikpa Ikono
41. Hon. Imo Edet Udo (SDP) Asang
42. Hon. Sylvester J. Udo (NRC) Southern Iman
43. Hon. Dr Ita Udosen (NRC) Ibesikpo
44. Hon. Prince Akpabio Akpabio Udo Ukpa (NRC) Onna Second Majority Leader 24/11/92 to 21/1/93
45. Hon. Moses Udo Moses Ukpong (SDP) Eket Central
46. Hon. Joseph Ekpo Umana (NRC) Essien Udim
47. Hon. Idongesit F. Umoh (NRC) Ukanafun
48. Hon. Asukwo Eyo Utim (SDP) Ofi/Eweme First Minority Leader , 20/1/92 to 24/11/92
49. Mr. Enobong Essien (Clerk of the House).
Meanwhile the house,AKHA have gotten several leadership since its inception at 1992 till date.
Notably among them are the speakers of the assembly, some have moved on to become senators and House of assembly members while some ended as assembly man.
This research is compiled by Engr. Ubong Thomas courtesy of Daily Tells Nigeria, an online new media platform registered with NAN to give latest updates on all issues.