Guinness Nigeria is a major market for Diageo focused on delivering significant volume and profit to Diageo. Consumer planning has a critical role with the responsibility for leading the business to make the right strategic and commercially savvy evidence- based decisions, within the ever-changing context of our consumers and customers lives.
- Management and Accountability for implementation of Consumer Planning Budget.
- Work across all Nigeria to drive insights that will unlock growth, drive profitability and deliver market share for Guinness Nigeria Beer & Adult Premium non-alcoholic drink brands.
c) Leadership Responsibilities
- Living the Values –insatiable appetite for consumers, customers and brands.
- Deeply Curious about consumers, shoppers, our brands and markets
- Externally attentive, a ‘finger on the pulse’
- Immersed in culture and obsessive about harnessing it
- Industry thought leader and agitator
- Bold enough to lead the business to the right choices
- Innovative and creative but also rigorous in thinking – a combination of art and science
- Objectivity, an honest broker
- Truly collaborative, a key player in the team
- Positively challenge others with a strong bias for action
- Ensures consumer and market knowledge is distilled into clear, actionable implications
- Identifies and manages research agency partners who add value through interpretation and recommendation
- Inspires and influences others to be passionate about consumers and market
- Effectively facilitates workshops to unlock creative solutions to market and consumer issues
Purpose of Role
To champion & drive world class understanding of consumer attitudes, motivations and trends that can be leveraged to grow our brands:
- To be the custodian of consumer insights
- To build an understanding of the consumer which is based on issues & opportunities, rigorous & grounded, compelling / easy to understand and proactive & timely
- To ensure that brand strategy & communication is founded upon a deep understanding of the consumer
- To deliver measurement and evaluation for key advertising and promotional projects
- Proactively defines & communicates opportunities for growth for the market, categories and brands and articulates what it will take to realise these opportunities
- Externally attentive to culture, trends and market place dynamics, to detect the factors that could positively or negatively impact growth.
- Support development & implementation of brand strategy and communication through facilitating a deep understanding of the consumers.
- Seeks out deep consumer / shopper / category insight and implications that will drive penetration growth
- Transform research outputs into simple, actionable implications
- Fuels the business with consumer/ shopper led provocations and understanding to instigate change
- Synthesizes data and understanding from multiple sources -quantitative and qualitative and joins the dots in a meaningful, actionable way
- Ensure that consumer knowledge is clearly reported and interpreted within the framework of brand related issues (Brand Tracking Study)
- Lead regular brand activity reviews, keeping the brand teams informed and updated
- Custodian of brand building thinking
- Ensures learnings from measurement & evaluation are applied to increase productivity of our advertising and promotion (A&P) spend
- Ruthlessly prioritises and focuses on tasks that add maximum value to Diageo, stops or delegates everything else.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree in marketing / business or other related discipline preferred though not essential. Postgraduate Qualifications are an advantage.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience either within an FMCG organisation with a planning, brand & consumer focus or a research agency background.
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research techniques
- Experience of the Beverage industry is advantageous however not essential
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience
- Experienced level capability on all Marketing Functional capabilities
- Can demonstrate excellent commercial judgement & acumen
- Experienced at managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally