Udom Emmanuel, governor of Akwa Ibom State sworn in 19 Commissioners and 2 Special Advisers.
The governor made this swearing-in during his 53rd birthday batch at the governor’s lodge, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.
Udom urge them to work for Akwa Ibom people because they are Akwa Ibom state commissioners and not party or individual commissioners.
The commissioners chosen to work with him were his foot soldiers during his re-election campaign.
Akpabio’s younger brother, Prince Ukpong Akpabio who chosed not to work with his elder brother Godswill Akpabio in APC was made commissioner in Ministry of Trade and Investment.
According to the letter signed by Ekerete Udoh, Chief Press Secretary/SSA(Media) to the Governor, the following portfolios were assigned to the commissioners.
Akwa Ibom State Commissioners, Special Advisers and Portfolios
1. Mr. Akan Okon – Ministry of Economic Development and Ibom Deep Seaport.
2. Arc. Ime Okon Ekpo – Ministry Lands & Water Resources
3. Nse Udo Essien, PhD – Ministry of Education
4. Uwemedimo Thomas Nwoko, Esq – Ministry of Justice
5. Sir Monday Ebong Uko – Ministry of Youth and Sports
6. Mr. Nsikan Linus Nkan – Ministry of Finance
7. Rt. Hon. Okpolupm Ikpong Etteh – Ministry of Special Duties
8. Ephraim Akparawa Inyangeyen – Ministry of Works
9. Barr. Ekong Sampson – Ministry of Environment and Petroleum Resources
10. Mr Charles Udoh – Ministry of Information
11. Hon. Orman Esin – Ministry of Culture and Tourism
12. Dr. Iniobong Essien – Ministry of Science and Technology
13. Dr. Dominic Ukpong – Ministry of Health
14. Dr. Glory Edet – Ministry of Agriculture and Women Affairs
15. Hon. Udo Ekpenyong – Ministry of Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs
16. Prince Ukpong Akpabio – Ministry of Trade and Investment.
17. Rt. Hon. Chief Uno Etim Uno – Ministry of Transport and Solid Minerals.
18. Otuekong Raphael Bassey – Ministry of Housing.
19. Prof. Victor Bassey Inoka – Ministry of Labour and Manpower Planning.
1. Pastor (Hon.) Sunday Ekanem Ibuot – Political & Legislative Affairs Bureau.
2. Mrs Ekemini David Umoh – Bureau of Rural Development and Cooperatives.
This online media recalls that the commissioners were all served in the governors first term.
However, Rt. Hon. Okpolupm Ikpong Etteh, former majority leader of the house of assembly is one of the new commissioners included in the cabinet.
Ette is to serve in Ministry of Special Duties.